PS: This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through my referral link, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase. Thank you for supporting South Street & Co. Read my disclosure policy.
When it comes to Orlando digital marketing for plumbers, there can be a lot of hesitation on the whys and hows of the process. If you’re reading this blog, then you must already know the importance of digital marketing for your business. If you’re still unsure about it, then take my word for it, your competitors are already doing this and increasing their revenue because of it.
We know just how much work goes into digital marketing, and it can be difficult to know where to start. So, we’ve outlined 4 steps to get you started which include having a website, getting on social media, search engine optimization, and review marketing. Let’s dive in!
Tip #1: Get on social media
Having a social media presence allows you to interact and build strong relationships with your customers. Not only does this win their trust, but it gives you insight into what their needs are. In addition, through paid advertising and posts your plumbing business can gain and convert viewers into leads.
What can you possibly post on social media?
While it’s preferable to not post some of the items you find in the toilet, here are some ideas of what you can post:
- Testimonials – Viewers read these as an unbiased voice rather than a sales pitch, which establishes trust.
- Educational Tools – Let your customers know when they need you, what you do, and how you do it to show how experienced and knowledgeable you are.
- Behind The Scenes – When consumers see the team behind the project, an emotional connection is made. It also educates them on the amount of work involved in projects, which leads to a greater appreciation of your work.
Tip #2: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a must
In a nutshell, SEO is the process of ensuring your business is as far up on Google search as possible. Of course, you would love that coveted #1 spot, but how do you get there? Let’s start with keyword research. This is a practice that finds the best search terms related to your business, services, or general information. The terms, or keywords, are those that are entered by consumers when looking for information. For example, “best plumber in Orlando” may be a search term and keyword used to find your business. While keyword research can be difficult, there are tools that can help you ease the pain, such as MOZ or SemRush.
To build SEO and improve your rankings, a website needs to have on-page SEO: the incorporation of keywords in pages and content, having regular and high-quality content, ensuring metatags and titles are keyword-rich, and many other factors. Off-page SEO is also needed. This involves the optimization of earning backlinks, or other websites with your link in their content.
Tip #3: Have a website
No matter how small your business is, you need a website. Not only does a website build visibility online, but it increases consumer trust. Think about it. Would you choose a company without a website over a company without a website? Probably not. In fact, you most likely wouldn’t find the company without a website. So, if you don’t have a website, you are most likely losing customers. Although it can be a big investment, it’s worth it every penny. A website that is developed and managed correctly the first time will last you for years to come, especially if it is designed by an agency that specializes in Orlando digital marketing for plumbers.
Tip #4: Reviews
Reviews are a crucial factor in digital marketing for plumbers. In fact, 77% of consumers ‘always’ or ‘regularly’ read reviews when browsing for local businesses. Tostart acquiring positive reviews, ask your satisfied or loyal customers to leave feedback on Google, Yelp, or Facebook. Before you begin, it might help to know what people are looking for when they read reviews.
- Stars – If your star count is below 3, then consumers will move to the next business. If you currently have a low rating, don’t worry! You can build up your star count with new, high star reviews.
- Amount of Reviews – The more reviews potential customers see, the more trust they will have in what the reviews are saying and in your business. Consumers like to read at least 2-3 reviews before they make a decision.
- Review Quality – Your prospects want to read more than just, “Great service!” They want to know the why, when, and how. Unfortunately, this is a factor that is harder to control, but can be incentivized by giving an offering for a review with a minimum word count.
Did you make it all the way through? We know it’s a lot of information at once, but it takes a great amount of work to get to that #1 Google ranking! Maybe you’re thinking that this is too much extra work when you have service calls to attend to and large projects underway. If that’s the case, then join us for a complimentary call to discuss services with our experts in Orlando digital marketing for plumbers.