TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1 Social media interactions are at an all time high. So we’ve interviewed Royally Pink, a blogger who has mastered capturing an audience, to find out her social media strategy!
- 1.1 Tell our readers about yourself and your blog
- 1.2 Tell us how you first got into blogging.
- 1.3 How did you establish your “theme” or brand?
- 1.4 For your theme or brand, do you have things that you do consistently?
- 1.5 Where do you find the inspiration for your blog posts?
- 1.6 What do you think is the best strategy to get more traffic to your blog?
- 1.7 What’s your favorite social media platform?
- 1.8 How do you gain followers?
- 1.9 Once you have the followers, how do you keep them?
- 1.10 How many times a week do you post?
- 1.11 Is this a part of your strategy to keep gaining followers or do you post at random?
- 1.12 What are some misconceptions about social media?
- 1.13 Do you have photos taken professionally or do you take them yourself?
- 1.14 What are some tips you can give in order to take a good photo?
- 1.15 What’s your favorite location to take photos?
- 1.16 How do you find relevant hashtags for your photos?
- 1.17 What are your top 3 favorite emojis?
- 1.18 How do you keep your website updated & relevant?
- 1.19 What apps would you recommend to our followers?
- 2 Get in touch
Tell our readers about yourself and your blog
Royally Pink focuses on the young adult woman; she’s either in college or just getting started in her career. Anything from beauty, fashion, career, food, and everything in between. Nothing is off limits on Royally Pink.
Tell us how you first got into blogging.
I started my blog in May 2012 as a way to occupy myself during the summer. I was a journalism in college and thought a blog would be a great way to showcase my writing and hone my skills.
How did you establish your “theme” or brand?
I kind of developed my brand without really thinking about it. I thought about what was important to me and what I wanted my blog to be and tried to emulate that with my photos, layout, and writing style. I wanted Royally Pink to be somewhere calm, easy, and sophisticated that provides women with the tools they need for a fun and successful life.
For your theme or brand, do you have things that you do consistently?
I try to remain consistent in my blog series, writing style, and photos. I think creating a few consistent series and keeping up with them is key, at least for me. I try to post consistently 4-5 times a week and stay up to date with all my social media platforms.
Where do you find the inspiration for your blog posts?
Through my everyday life! I keep a list of ideas in a notebook I constantly carry around with me. If a new product is being launched in the beauty industry, if I stumble across a new brand, or if I watch a new TV show that I think is worth talking about, I write about it.
What do you think is the best strategy to get more traffic to your blog?
I get a huge amount of traffic from Pinterest, so look at what social media platforms work best for you and give your attention there. Also, commenting on other bloggers’ posts can drive traffic to your blog as well.
I love Pinterest because it’s so creative and fun; it gives you the ability to be inspired by people all over the world but without being over promotional.
How do you gain followers?
By consistently posting and engaging on social media with my followers and different brands I write about!
Once you have the followers, how do you keep them?
I post content that is relevant to women my age, who make up the majority of my followers and ask questions in my posts and through my social media promotions to make sure I’m engaging them in a natural way.
How many times a week do you post?
Is this a part of your strategy to keep gaining followers or do you post at random?
It’s always been my main strategy to post at least Monday-Friday; sometimes I’ll skip a day because life gets in the way but I like to always have a post up at 7 AM each weekday for my readers to be entertained and engaged.
I think it’s important to realize that social media is just the highlights of people’s lives. It’s very easy to think you’re missing out on something or compare yourself to the people you see, but remember to remind yourself that its smoke and mirrors.
Do you have photos taken professionally or do you take them yourself?
I take all my photos myself! I started out with an iPhone camera and that works SO well but I recently invested in a Nikon camera and it was a great choice.
What are some tips you can give in order to take a good photo?
Make sure you have a lot of natural light and a clean background!
What’s your favorite location to take photos?
I don’t really take outfit photos so I take a lot of blog photos in my room; I have a lot of clean, white backgrounds and natural light so it’s perfect!
I hashtag the topic of the photo, any brands included in the photo, any networks I’m part of, and any other relevant hashtags that relate!
What are your top 3 favorite emojis?
The black heart; praising hands; eye roll
How do you keep your website updated & relevant?
I get inspiration from a lot of other bloggers so I’m always looking for new ways to incorporate different widgets and categories onto my homepage to make site navigation easier and more fun.
What apps would you recommend to our followers?
I LOVE Headspace, theSkimm, Refinery29 ‘This AM’, the new LikeToKnowIt App and Pocket!
Need help with your marketing? Let’s chat!
Get in touch
Schedule your complimentary call with us today!